Model 3 is the next logical step of Tesla's mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
Like every Tesla, Model 3 is engineered to combine range, performance, safety and utility. Smart design maximizes interior space, to comfortably fit 5 adults and all of their gear. Tesla makes fast cars, Model 3 is no exception. The high efficiency electric motor provides zero to 60 mph acceleration in less than six seconds. And when equipped with electric all-wheel drive, Model 3 provides safe and dependable traction in all conditions.
Accelerating the world to sustainable energy
Designed with safety as a priority, Model 3 should be the safest car in its class once testing completes. This, combined with over 200 miles of range while starting at $35,000 before incentives, makes Model 3 an extraordinary mid-size sedan.
Over-the-air software updates add functionality, enhance performance, and improve the driving experience of Tesla vehicles. Similarly to how you receive updates to your smartphone, Model S owners receive updates to their car remotely without visiting a service center. The ability to receive these updates is free for the life of the vehicle.
Model 3 Specs
- Minimum 215 mi (346 km) range (EPA-rated)
- Estimated measurements 184 × 74.2 x 56.5 in
- Full self-driving hardware, used for active safety features
- Rear wheel drive
- Sub-six-second 0–60 mph acceleration time
- Front and rear trunks
- Single center mounted 15-inch LCD console display
- Automatic keyless entry
- WiFi and Internet connectivity
- Mobile app remote control
- Rear roof area is one continuous piece of glass
- Worldwide electrical voltage and amperage charging compatibility
Model 3 production is scheduled to begin in mid 2017. At this time, the delivery estimate for new reservations is mid 2018 or later, depending on country of delivery.